So I have resubed, again. I think this is about the third break I have taken from the game, and by far the longest. In October 2016, Mabaho was 96 and not yet finished through Warlords of Draenor. Now it’s February 2018 and we saw the announcement (earlier) of the expac following Legion, which I have not played at all.
Motivated by the eldest Mini Mab, Miss 10, I have been playing with her, supporting her interest in the game. This resub is also enabled by the new iMac being able to support the game for more than 2 minutes.
There have been a lot of changes to Mabaho, in rotation and effectiveness. I suddenly feel vulnerable questing, which I haven’t for some time. I can take 1 mob, but 2 troubles me if I don’t get a handle on them. Healing seems almost ineffective as a Enhance Shaman, even self healing. Mana is less important than the new …. err can’t even remember what it’s called.
Spells have changed, that took some sorting.
I’ve also installed a bank in my Garrison which has been nice. I waited a little bit to sort through the bags and bank, finding a Reagents Bank tab that I don’t remember. I also need to investigate some things I’ve never really been sure of, now that we have the collections menu.
Do I need to hold on to stuff just to be able to transmog it? Pets, Mounts and Toys I know I can click on and learn and they disappear usually. But what if they don’t, should I hold them?
This idea of scaling has me sort of happy. I can run Pumatay with Miss 10’s toons and get xp. But does that mean that Mabaho can quest anywhere in Draenor and the enemy will be a challenge?
So my broad plan is this.
- Grind Mabaho up to 100. He’s up to 97.5 now
- Let Miss 10 explore toons as she feels up to and let her pick one. At the moment she is leaning towards a druid. Mess about with some other new toons supporting her (though Pumatay can do this as well). I currently have a lvl 12 Druid partying up with her lvl 12 Hunter.
- Once decided, purchase Legion for both of us, and use the 100 boost to bring up her toon and a complementary toon from my stable, such as bringing a Healer if she picks a DPS/Tank, picking a Tank/DPS if she picks a Healer, or I guess, two DPS is a viable option, certainly for questing.
- If Mabaho is to be run through it, then I would likely bring up Magdasal. Maybe switch between the two, running Das when she’s trying to run dungeons and run Mab when questing.
- Run through Legion together. Up to 110.
- Purchase the next expac and raise up another toon for each of us. I would probably look at Pumatay (finally) at this point. Now We should have 2 toons each at 110 (Mabaho/Magdasal and Pumatay), and I will have another 90 (Mabango) and another at 100 (Magdasal) or poor Pumatay still at 57….
Seems like a pretty good plan don’t you think? Is it best use of our character level boosts?
Would Miss 10 be better off levelling all the way from 0-110? I don’t really think so, it would be so unmotivating I think.