So Miss 12 has talked about being interested in a more farming/business type adventure next. Something where she can build up something.
So I have been tossing ideas about in my head and have the start of something to run past you all…
She receives a letter from a lawyer in Waterdeep that she has inherited a shop from a distant relative. She arrives at the shop to find a small curio shop, in a quiet part of town.
A range of ideas have spawned from here. things like
- customer comes in with something to sell -is it rare, magical, stolen, and does that cause trouble for the shopkeeper?
- is someone chasing something that is in the shop? Perhaps there are some break ins or standover tactics?
- is there something in the shop that’s cursed/magical and causing trouble in the shop?
- does she come to the attention of the guilds or of one of the factions of Waterdeep?
- a customer asks her to seek out a particular item?
- is the shop haunted?
- she could go out adventuring to supplement the income or to find things to protect/defend the shop?
Some of these could lead to adventures around the town or further afield. I realise that it will be a lot of role-play, but I think she will prefer that.
She could advance in her guild, or in renown in the city. Perhaps she starts to take over other business, building an empire!
I’ve picked up Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, mostly to get the flavour and information about Waterdeep, but I’ve realised I can even tie her into that adventure from the Fireball incident. I can use some of the other missions and the like as well, or just use the detail of the town.
I’ve also considered creating a couple of handouts, like a ledger from the shop, listing everything in it. Something like that will really tickle her fancy I think. Maybe some maps or drawings of curious items. Investigating one of these items might lead to an adventure itself (markings on a medallion, a map in a scroll case…)
Open to ideas and suggestions. I have some time as they’re only in Act Two of Phandelver, but I’d like to get a skeleton done soon.