I moved house 3 months ago. I realise that with a newly built house, that Telstra would need to come out to the house and actually connect the line, rather than just connecting some stuff remotely and perhaps come out and swap some connections around in the exchange.
So far they have managed to
- give me the wrong date for the technician visit, twice,
- give me the right date, a month further on
- cancel that appointment, minutes before he’s due, when Mrs Mab has put off a bunch of stuff to wait for them.
- organise a new date a couple of weeks away
- change the new date without me agreeing to it and hence we weren’t home then.
- organise another new date, a month further on.
- connect the line and the house, only to find out the exchange isn’t set up correctly and there’s nothing the tech can do.
- organise another date, YET ANOTHER month further on. Also restart the whole application so a new number can be assigned on the right part of the exchange.
- we spend three weeks repeating the technicians problems to several staff as we ring around.
- Call the Ombudsman. Highly recommend them, used them before and they really put the fire under the telcos.
- get my fourth “case manager” repeat everything again.
- technician returns today.
- SAME PROBLEM.
- Oh, case manager is away today.
Can’t even try another provider because TELSTRA has to do the actual physical connections!