As you’re all aware I was away for the past month. I returned with the MoP expansion to WoW to fill my time, but another major piece of news is that they have dropped the NDA in MWO and I am now free to speak of the game (hence the sudden explosion of posts).
They have also completed some new builds in my time away. I’ve only played a couple of matches as I had to rebuild the Windows part of my iMac (I run a Bootcamp partition to play MWO). And play MoP and sort out the photos from the trip (and work, mind the kids etc etc) But here are my thoughts so far.
– new map, River City, is very confusing so far, but I should learn it soon enough. Very different from Frozen City, but again, maybe a bit small.
– LRMs do a lot more damage than before. Nice (unless you’re the target)
– Repair and reload now costs money. An expected feature that they have turned on. I haven’t had any problems with it so far.
– Improved MechLab giving up addition details on your mech as you build it. Nice
– Additional enhancements to unlock to do with pilot skills, EW and other modules to add significant enhancement to your abilities.
– Salvage from matches, but you have to stayed joined to that game until it is resolved. If you leave once you’re dead, you still get your win/loss money, but not salvage.
I’m still really happy with the game. My Merc Corp is going strong with about 200 members now, all organised into groups. Teamwork will always be the deciding factor in this game. And these guys are getting a lot of experience at it.
I will try to get you some screen shots, honest.